They say having twins runs in the family and for the Patrick family, who are welcoming the addition of two little brothers, it certainly does.
The family, who all live in Stamford, have just spent their first Christmas and New Year with their eight week old twins Ryan and Harry, the third set of twins in four generations.
The senior twins, great great uncle David and great grandmother Kathleen, moved to Stamford when they were young and to their knowledge, there were no twins in the family before them. Since then, Kathleen’s son Simon, has had two identical twins George and Cameron, both 10, with wife Shelley, and in November, And Andrew Lambert, who is Kathleen’s grandson, had non-identical twins Ryan and Harry, with his wife Rachael.
Shelley said: “We were most surprised to find out we were expecting identical twin sons, particularly when my GP told me that the chance was 80 to one, because twins do not follow the father line but now they have twice. It was a lovely Christmas. Our boys used to be known as the little twins but they’ve now had their place taken by Ryan and Harry.”
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Nurse and disabled cricket champion named in Queen’s Birthday Honours List
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East