A schoolboy has used his imagination and artistic skills to win a competition in designing a new logo for the county’s community bank.
Tom Stroude, of Uppingham School, scooped £100 and a certificate after his design was chosen as the new logo for Rutland Money.
The community bank will offer savings and loan accounts to all county residents online and at volunteer-led desks in Oakham and Uppingham.
It is currently being set up by Rutland Consortium, made up of groups from the voluntary sector, and is due to be launched by the end of April.
Tom was presented with the award by chairman of the Rutland Consortium, Philip Marston.
Rutland Consortium secretary Ron Simpson said: “I’m delighted with the success of the competition. We had 20 entries and the logo that Tom produced was excellent.”
Progress on the launch of the bank will be discussed at a Rutland Consortium meeting at The Falcon Hotel in Uppingham on Monday at 10am.
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West