Sleaford Toy Library is currently closed due to the cold weather.
The charity has been forced to cancel its regular opening hours at least until December 17 due to the exceptionally chilly weather meaning it does not have the money in the bank to afford the high heating bills to keep the Boston Road premises warm all day, every day.
Chairman Sylvia Lawes says: “It is too cold for the children even if we leave some heaters on low overnight and their health is more important.
“We do not have any more grant aid to continue, so the toy library may well be closed by March.
“It would grieve me as it would be 12 years in August that we have been open and a sad day for Sleaford.”
She hoped someone with more energy to press for funding could volunteer to take over the reins.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west