Police have named the two men who died when the car they were travelling in collided with a truck.
Latvian nationals Jevgenijs Draguns, 22, who lived in Northampton and Igors Zunda, 33, who lived in Lincoln, were passengers in a silver Mazda 5 when it was involved in a crash with a white DAF truck on the A43 at Fineshade, south of Duddington, at about 8.20pm on December 4
The two men were pronounced dead at the scene. A woman, 22, and a two-year-old boy were both seriously injured in the collision and remain in hospital, although their injuries are not considered life threatening.
The truck driver was not hurt in the crash.
Jurijs Zunda, aged 42 and from Lincoln, was driving the Mazda and has been charged with two counts of causing death by dangerous driving, causing death whilst disqualified and causing death while uninsured.
He will appear before Corby magistrates on December 21 for a plea and case management hearing.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west