DON’T forget to pick up this week’s Mercury for a 16 page picture pull-out of the Queen’s visit to Stamford.
We also have full reports from the exciting day in which the Queen met people from across the area during a visit to Burghley House and drove through Stamford town centre, much to the delight of thousands of people who lined the streets.
You’ll also find news, sport and a packed what’s on section.
- Anglian Water lifts its hosepipe ban
- Action for Stamford Sports and Leisure Group hopes to start an informal group to discuss ideas to improve sport in the town
- Stamford Endowed School applies for permission to turn former gym into state of the art performing arts centre
- Stamford Shakespeare Company kicks off its summer season
- Adventurer Sarah Outen recovering after being rescued from the Pacific Ocean during round the world challenge
- Campaigners against Ketton wind turbines set up website
- Traders in Oakham consider pilot scheme to improve footfall in town on Sundays
- More pictures from events celebrating the diamond jubilee
- And in sport - New signing for the Daniels is made next season’s captain
Pick up your copy of the Mercury every Friday for 70p