Two candidates will fight to fill a vacant district council seat.
A by-election was called in South Kesteven District Council’s Aveland ward, which covers the Rippingale and Aslackby area, after Debbie Wren resigned earlier this year. Voters will go to the polls on Thursday, March 13, to fill the seat.
Two candidates are standing for election. John Morgan, of Harrowby Road, Grantham, is the Labour Party’s choice, while Peter Moseley, of East Street, Rippingale, will stand for the Conservatives.
Votes will be taken between 7am and 10pm at the following polling stations:
- The Church of St James the Great, Aveland Way, Aslackby
- Dowsby Village Hall, 23 Main Road, Dowsby
- Dunsby Village Hall, The Cross, Dunsby
- Kirkby Underwood Village Hall, The Green, Kirkby Underwood
- Pointon Village Hall, Millthorpe Road, Pointon
- Rippingale Village Hall, Station Street, Rippingale
People can apply for a postal vote until 5pm on Wednesday next week or a proxy vote until 5pm on March 5.
Anyone who is not registered to vote must do so by Tuesday in order to be eligible.
Application forms can be obtained from the council’s electoral services department or online at www.aboutmyvote.co.uk.
Further information on 01476 406080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.