A plan to knock down an empty garage and built 14 homes in its place has been given the green light by councillors.
On Tuesday South Kesteven District Council’s development control committee approved a planning application by Mears Motors to demolish its former showroom in Main Road, Thurlby, and build houses on the site.
Workshops and offices on the site will also be demolished to make way for the new homes.
Mears Motors could not be reached for comment, but Colan Bartram, director of agent PDG Architects, said: “In terms of the decision, it is fantastic news.”
With permission granted, work to knock down the old showroom can now begin.
An outline planning application had previously been approved for the site but a second application was needed because the plans included a new access road.
The ground levels and depth at which the houses will lie were also amended in the plans. This was to cater for additional pipework, which will help drainage on the site.
Planning officers recommended the plans be approved, but asked councillors to impose conditions relating to the access, the roads and the footpath.
Thurlby Parish Council had asked for the speed limit on the road to be reduced to 40mph from its current 60mph before development starts.
It also said any section 106 money received from the developers should be spent on a playarea and a pedestrian crossing in Main Road.
But planning officers said any request for funds should have been made with the outline application.
Five letters of objection to the plans were sent to the district council with concerns about highway safety, the number and design of houses and noise.