An owner of a pub in Pointon is appealing for help from the community after the building was severely damaged by a fire on Monday afternoon.
The living accommodation of the Old Ship Inn Pub in High Street, Pointon has been left destroyed after a fire broke out on the second floor.
Crews from Bourne, Billingborough and Doningtonfought the fire that started at around 2.45pm.
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue confirmed that the tumble dryer located in the kitchen on the second floor was the cause of the fire.
Owner Andy O’Shea described the damage that has been caused.
He said: “There is heavy fire and smoke damage and the roof of the top bedroom is totally burnt off. The smoke has ruined everything that we own, including all of our personal possessions.”
The pub was thankfully untouched in the fire and wasn’t open for business at the time.
Andy and his family were out for the afternoon when the fire happened but their Collie dog Gwenny had been left at home. Luckily the dog was rescued by firefighters.
The family are currently living downstairs in the pub which has been temporarily closed as there is no supply of electricity or water.
Andy wants to reach out to the local community for any help with maintenance issues such as plumbing and electricity.
A local roofman, Paul Greenslade has already come forward and offered to fix the roof of the building free of charge.
Andy added: “We need to try and keep the pub open, its been here for over 200 years and it would be a shame for it to close.”
Andy hopes to re-open the pub next week.
If you would like to help Andy, call 01529 241400.