Leicestershire County Council is considering restricting non-residents’ use of its recycling and household waste sites.
The county council has drawn up a list of options to save more than £1m and is proposing to launch a consultation in the winter.
Possible changes include:
• restricting non-Leicestershire residents’ use of the sites
• charging non-Leicestershire residents and other groups to use the sites
• restricting the materials which can be taken to the sites, such as plasterboard and other DIY waste
• introducing charges for certain materials, including DIY waste
• reducing site opening times
The planned consultation will be discussed by the council’s cabinet on November 19.
The meeting can be watched live at www.leics.gov.uk/webcast