Warning over home heating

0
Have your say

PEOPLE are being urged to be careful how they heat their homes.

It is the busiest time of the year for firefighters for blazes caused by household heating.

Almost 18 per cent of last winter’s total number of fires in Lincolnshire were accidental house fires.

Deputy community fire safety manager Debbie Robinson said: “We all love our homes to be cosy, warm and welcoming – especially at this time of year.

“In the past, we’ve had reports of people using unsafe methods to keep warm like leaving oven doors open and gas hobs on.”

She said people should also keep an eye on open fires and portable heaters.