The biggest fish caught in Rutland last week was a massive 11lb 2oz brown trout, caught by George Burnham at Eyebrook.
Deeping St James Angling Club members were busy at their Horseshoe Lake at Wansford during the weekends of April in preparation for the lake reopening on Wednesday.
Rutland Water maintained its outstanding early-season form for anglers over the last week with a rod average of 5.4.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west