Oakham’s Dan Pitcher caught the best rainbow of the week at Rutland Water, a 5lb 13½oz fish taken from the bank at Yellowstone on a floating line with a minkie.
Wednesday proved fruitful fishing for the trio of Ken Merriden from Uppingham, Paul Friend from Edith Weston and Roger McCarthy from Melton Mowbray, who shared a boat and had caught 12 fish by early afternoon.
Several boats recorded 11 fish catches on the same day.
Steady numbers of zander were caught last week with the best at around 8lb with one or two pike up to 15lb also recorded.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: North