Strong winds have hampered boat fishing at Rutland Water during the last week but when conditions have relented, anglers have been rewarded with fish in many areas.
Fish have been caught along the middle of the North Arm, the main basin and from the Old Hall to Hambleton Wood.
Fish are currently feeding on daphnia, shrimp and corixa in some areas, with very little fry in the fish despite the good numbers available.
Bank anglers have caught fish from the Fishing Lodge right hand wall, Normanton, Fantasy Island, the Finches to Armley Wood area and Whitwell Creek.
Predator anglers had some success with 30-40 zander caught on Saturday alone. The best fish recorded weighed 12lb. Rutland Water’s Fur and Feather bank fishing competition takes place on Sunday with a festive twist and seasonal prizes.
Fishing is from 9am until 4pm and angler must book in advance to take part. For details call 01780 686441.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 10 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: North