Nigel Briggs and Des Dalton won Deeping St James Angling Club’s Pairs Trophy match, fished at Lake Ross near Spalding on Sunday.
The club were fortunate to have booked the venue, which provided shelter from the elements for at least some of the anglers, with Briggs and Dalton taking 66lb 2oz.
Briggs was one of those who were exposed to the wind and rain but he was rewarded with a match-winning weight from peg number 5.
He chose to go on the method feeder due to the conditions, and fishing groundbait in the feeder and sweetcorn on the hook, he took carp to 5lb.
Later in the match, when the wind had abated, he switched to the pole and double maggot to take some quality roach finishing for his 48lb 6oz bag.
In second place, from peg 19, was Nick Preston whose weight of 35lb included more than 25lb of roach. Ray Torrington was third with 34lb from peg 12.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west