Oakham School pupils fought tough competition to claim podium places at the weekend at the Leicestershire & Rutland County Cross Country Championship held at Ratcliffe College.
The intermediate boys team were crowned county champions and, as a result, Tom Loring from Exton and Josh Greaves from Whissendine have both qualified to run for Leicestershire and Rutland at the English School Cross Country finals in March.
The school’s senior girls team came second and the intermediate girls team took third place.
Louise Hitchen at the school said: “All the pupils ran a gruelling course that was
a classic mix of undulating grassland and woodland tracks, along with having to cross a stream and a very muddy ploughed field.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west