Stamford went out of the Doodson League Cup, losing 4-3 in extra time at Mickleover Sports on Tuesday evening.
The Daniels fell behind to Alex Steadman’s early goal in the second round tie but were level by half-time thanks to Ricky Miller.
Nick Woods then put the hosts in front again, early in the second half, only for Miller to equalise a second time.
Jake Gibson put Stamford ahead for the first time just after the hour but Steadman levelled right at the end of normal time, and Martin Smyth settled the tie ten minutes into the extra 30.
Stamford’s next match is away at Romulus on Saturday with their next home fixture the visit of Kidsgrove Athletic on Boxing Day. Both games kick off at 3pm.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South west