Baston Football Club and the Brudenell Playing Field Management Committee (BPFMC) have received a grant of £378 from the Football Foundation.
The money will allow existing sports equipment to be replaced including goalposts, nets and corner flags, and the improvements will allow several teams of all ages to continue to play from the site.
Phil Davies, secretary of Baston Football Club, said: “The grant provides BPFMC with the opportunity to replace the outdated, dilapidated equipment and ensure the local sports teams can continue to use the site.”
Paul Thorogood, chief executive of the Football Foundation, said: “I commend BPFMC and the Lincolnshire FA for working tirelessly to secure this funding. The Football Foundation is dedicated to raising the standard of grassroots community sports facilities and to getting more people actively playing the national sport.
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Nurse and disabled cricket champion named in Queen’s Birthday Honours List
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East