Recent recruit Jordan Hempenstall scored a hat-trick as the Daniels saw off another of the sides fighting to break into the play-off places in the Evo-Stik First Division South.
Stamford followed up last week’s 3-0 victory at home to Brigg with a 3-2 win away at Carlton Town, making amends for a 2-1 defeat when the sides met at Kettering Road earlier in the season.
Hempenstall broke the deadlock two minutes before half-time and doubled the Daniels’ lead within two minutes of the restart.
Carlton Town reduced the arrears from the penalty spot with Matthew Varley scoring from the penalty spot just two minutes later.
Stamford restored their two cushion almost immediately with Hempenstall rounding off a quick hat-trick but Carlton were again quick to respond with Julian Topliss scoring in the 53rd minute.
After that flurry of goals, the defences settled down and Stamford secured a valuable three points on the road.
Stamford’s next match is away against Romulus on Saturday.
Full report and reaction to follow.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west