Bourne Ladies’ six-game unbeaten run ended with a 4-0 reverse against Sleaford Ladies at Recreation Road in the Lincolnshire County Women’s Cup on Sunday afternoon.
The two sides met in the same competition exactly 12 months ago when the outcome was the same, but this game proved to be a lot closer than the previous encounter - an indication of how far the current Bourne squad have come in that time.
Sleaford took the lead after 20 minutes with a deflected shot and the lead was doubled 10 minutes later when the visitors beat Bourne’s offside trap.
The third goal, just before half time, was a carbon copy of the second.
Bourne Ladies never gave up and for long periods of the second half, matched the quality of play of their opposition. However, with 15 minutes left, Sleaford scored their fourth goal to put the tie beyond the reach of the hosts.
Hannah Aaron had her best game for Bourne Ladies since joining in the summer and won the player-of-the-match award. Coach Paul Crawley said: “The midfielder showed great determination throughout and worked tirelessly for her team mates.”
Bourne: Jack Jagger, Emma Ketteringham, Lisa Richardson, Sarah Quint, Hawkins, Becky Cope, Benita Webster, Hannah Aaron, Sophie Fisher, Kim Fairweather, Jemma Smith, Lotti Christie, Claire Lawrenson, Bec Drewry.
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Tony Robinson and Time Team uncover horseshoe at Oakham Castle
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
- Video: Lincolnshire Police chief back on duty
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Monday 20 May 2013
Temperature: 11 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North