North Luffenham Golf Club’s annual turkey trot was held in testing conditions recently.
Gordon Knox was the eventual winner of the first prize - a gift token to buy a turkey with - while Alan Barwell, Carol Cassapi, Tom Little and new member Mike Seabrook each also won prizes.
l The Thursday morning roll-up group held its annual Christmas dinner last week, preceded by a nine-hole competition played in icy conditions.
Throughout the year, club captain Ken Jones, compiles league tables for each of the competitions and the annual awards were presented before the meal.
Winners for 2012 were: Midweek Medal - 1st Graham Ball (44 points), 2nd Malcolm Hird (32), 3rd John Nicholls (26), 4th Alan Barwell (20). Individual point scores (excluding medals) - 1st Alan Swindley (42 points), 2nd Graham Ball (34), 3rd Don Lambert (29), 4th Malcolm Hird (27). Team scores: 1st John Nicholls (94 points), 2nd Ken Jones (92), 3rd on countback Chris Lee (92), 4th Graham Ball (89).
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Man flown to hospital following serious crash on A15 at Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Thursday 20 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East
Temperature: 11 C to 19 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: West