Toft’s new Lady Captain Sandra Wildmore set her year rolling with a well-supported Texas Scramble competition involving 23 ladies.
Despite the foggy, damp conditions the players enjoyed the friendly challenge of team play, and their captain’s surprise treat of halfway-house mulled wine, mince pies and sausage rolls was much appreciated.
The formidable team of Mairead Scott, Hayley Hunt and Helen Roscoe won the day with 67 points with Lorraine Robinson, Anne Barrett and Margaret Dair second on 70. Sandra’s special prize went to Anne Wildish, Jean Parsons and Marie Davenport. In her first official presentation, Sandra thanked the halfway house personal Sandra Allen, Eileen Wynne and Bee McKechnie and informed the ladies that the competition fee would be the first donation to the funds for her chosen charity the Bourne Butterfield Day Centre.
Finally Sandra thanked the ladies for their kind wishes and presents and wished all the ladies’ section a Happy Golfing Year.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west