The first leg of Rutland County’s Bogey Stableford Medal – the Bogey leg - was contested a day for hardy golfers.
Atrocious conditions were overcome by Pakka Risi (on +3) and his playing partner Jo Shepherd (+2) for first and second spot respectively. Pete Sicilano shares second place on +2, with three players – Bob Ambrose, Steve Maltby and Micheal Pressick - all on 0.
Next week sees the Stableord leg as players jockey for position to strike in the final medal round in two weeks time.
Week two of the Winter Eclectic attracted 68 seniors with an individual Stableford competition run alongside the main event.
Results: 1st Division - David Lynas, 40; 2nd John Rudin 39. 2nd Division - 1st Mike Glenister, 41; 2nd Stewart Picton, 38.
In the Winter Doubles, Nick Nicolle and Barry Malthouse beat Nigel Coombs & Eamon Walsh 4&3.
The team of John Phipps, Alan Garner and Ron Snape won the seniors’ 3-from-2 competition with 79 points.
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 17 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: West