Two Bourne athletes have been accepted onto the Lincolnshire Elite Athlete Programme (LEAP) for 2013.
Managed by Lincolnshire Sports Partnership and supported by Local Authorities, businesses and organisations from across the county, LEAP provides funding and support for talented sportsmen and women in Lincolnshire.
Fencer Theo Edwards and Para-Equestrian rider Roberta Sheffield, who are both from Bourne, have both been selected for the programme.
A total of £20,000 will be distributed to 50 athletes on the programme who will receive grants between £100 and £1,000 to support their development over the next 12 months. They will also be invited to a number of training courses and events throughout 2013.
Rachel Belcher, LEAP Project Officer at Lincolnshire Sports Partnership, said: “In 2013, we have pledged to support 50 talented athletes from across Lincolnshire.
“We will support them on their journey to be the best they can be, with financial incentives, training courses and more, to support them in reaching their sporting dream.”
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Falling masonry causes part of High Street, Stamford, to be taped off
- Arrest after robbery at Uppingham newsagent
- Whitefriars Care Home in Stamford charged over death of widow, 84
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west