Stamford bowlers failed in their bid to reach a second successive English national final, when they were beaten by Spalding in the Inter-Area Fours final.
Mike Ramsden and Bob Warters had already qualified for the Over 60s fours but paired with brothers Paul and Martin Bailey, found Graham Smith’s quartet of current and former internationals too strong at Sleaford.
Crucial to the outcome were two heavy losses on the 4th and 13th ends when Spalding - who also included Junior and Senior England internationals Matt Whyers, Martin Spencer and Paul Simpson - dominated the heads and came away with seven and six counts.
Stamford finally conceded on the 15th end with Spalding in an unassailable 29-10 lead.
More bowls on page 106.
- Police break up illegal rave at Bourne Wood
- Video: Car goes up in flames after crash with bus in Easton-on-the-Hill
- Tributes for rail death teenagers
- Tattoo artist fined after Facebook photos revealed illegal business based in her garage in Deeping St James
- Nurse and disabled cricket champion named in Queen’s Birthday Honours List
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Wednesday 19 June 2013
Temperature: 13 C to 23 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 13 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: East