Teenage cyclist George Baker, from Ketton, won his first cyclo-cross race of the season at the weekend.
George, 15, has claimed several fourth and fifth places over the last four months all the hard work paid off at a snowy Bury St Edmunds.
George and Matt Clements led a 25 strong field from the start and were neck and neck during the whole race until the last lap when George pulled away to win by 21 seconds.
This comes on the back of a National Championship race at Bradford where he came 15th in a race featuring the top 60 national riders - an excellent result after just two seasons of competitive racing.
After Sunday’s victory, George’s coach, Mark McVitty of King’s Cliffe Flyers said: “This is just the beginning for George.”
He now starts the road and track season in which he hopes for more first places.
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Slideshow: Hundreds enjoy Dambusters flypast
- Car crashes into tree on A47 near Tixover
- Washing machines set on fire off Little Casterton Road, Stamford
- Full court report: Drink-driver John Clarke, 79, jailed for causing crash which killed two people
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Saturday 18 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 13 C
Wind Speed: 18 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 9 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North east