Bourne RFC U13s showed great promise and improvement in vital areas despite a 48-0 loss against Lincoln on Sunday.
Bourne U13 played their best rugby of the season this weekend against Lincoln but, ultimately, lost the game against a stronger team.
Their rucking was magnificent as was their scrummaging, and brave tackles prevented a strong Lincoln team gaining 50 points.
The team is quick to move up and forces the opposition to make mistakes as a result. They were awarded eight penalties and gave away none with Jake Stanley named man of the match.
Bourne kicked off from which Lincoln immediately attacked, only to give away a scrum on the 10 metre line. From the scrum, Lincoln went on the attack again and quickly scored an unconverted try in the left corner.
Their next match is a home game against West Norfolk on Sunday.
- Man who went missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore found safe
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Wednesday 22 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 25 mph
Wind direction: West
Temperature: 4 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: North west