The Oaks gave their prospects of promotion a massive boost with a 36-19 victory away against Bakewell Mannerians on Saturday.
The Victory lifts Oakham into second place in the Midlands 2 East (North) table, which would secure them a play-off place at the end of the season.
They moved two points clear of third-placed Ashbourne on the back of Saturday’s win, with mid-table Dronfield possibly the Oaks’ biggest threat as the Sheffield side have two games in hand.
Oakham’s next test is an away match against local rivals Melton Mowbray who were on the wrong end of a hefty 83-5 scoreline against leaders Coalville at the weekend.
Kick off at Melton on Saturday is at 2.15pm.
- Police issue appeal after man goes missing from Kendrew Barracks in Cottesmore
- Doctor talks about rescue of woman with hand stuck in drain cover in Bourne
- Woman trapped hand in drain cover searching for marble
- Video: Teacher Patsy shaves her head for charity
- Georgian festival will celebrate Stamford’s rich heritage
- Stamford takeaway Zorba 4 loses appeal over alcohol licence
- Duo thanked by the council for cleaning up
- Police Column: Burglars steal £5,000 and other items in raid
- Claire Lomas trains for challenge at Rutland Water
- Interest is high as Stamford’s Riverside Antiques Centre exhibits Princess Margaret Collection
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Stamford
Tuesday 21 May 2013
Temperature: 8 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 16 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 4 C to 14 C
Wind Speed: 22 mph
Wind direction: North west