The summer holidays are now in full swing and the fun and games is set to continue at a range of activity events for youngsters.
The entertainment includes adventure sports, football schools, swimming courses and much more, in schemes across Stamford, Bourne, the Deepings, and Rutland.
- Tallington Lakes has a host of sports for youngsters. Activities run from Monday to Friday, from 10am to 4pm.
On Mondays and Tuesdays, children can take part in sailing, Wednesdays’ activities will include climbing, abseiling, skiing and tobogganing, on Thursdays there will be kayaking, canoeing, zorbing and raft building, while on Fridays there will be a windsurfing class. To book a weekly course, which costs £150, call 01778 381154.
- Stamford Children’s Centre is holding activities throughout the summer. For a timetable of events visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/OrganisationDetails.aspx?orgcode=900451 or call 01780 764072.
- One Touch Football Soccer School is hosting a number of sessions for all ages.
Soccer Tots, a fun-filled football session for boys and girls, aged two to five, is running on Fridays from 5pm to 6pm at the indoor sports hall at New College Stamford, Tuesdays from 5pm to 6pm at Northborough Village Hall, and on Thursdays from 5pm to 6pm at Bourne Abbey Church Hall. The cost is £3.50 per session or £14 for the month.
For ages four to 14, the school’s Summer Football Camp is running from Monday to Thursday at Empingham Road Playing Fields, Stamford. The course also runs at Bourne Recreation Ground from Wednesday to Friday, at Deeping St James Primary School from Monday to Wednesday. Each session is £15 for the first day and £13 per day thereafter. To book a place on any of the One Touch Football Soccer School courses contact Glenn Vaughan on 07880 703784, e-mail email@example.com, or visit www.onetouchfootball.co.uk
A Mini Olympics summer course for boys and girls age four to 12 is running from Monday to Friday from 9am to 3pm at Deepings Leisure Centre, Deeping St James. Cost £12 per day.
- Teenzone, based at Christ Church, in Green Lane, Stamford, is hosting a full summer holiday programme until September 6. An activity day is taking place on Monday, from 10am to 2pm, costing £2 per person for youngsters aged nine to 14.The sessions include, sport, dance, cooking, creative arts, crafts, music and diary.
On Thursday Teenzone is running a trip to Twinlakes for children age nine to 14 and on Wednesday a trip for children in Y9 or older, is running to Laserforce in Peterborough for £2.
Visit www.christchurchstamford.com/teenzone/summer-holiday-programme-2013, or call 01780 761930.
- Stamford Arts Centre is holding a two day word play day called War of Words with poet and teacher Darren Rawnsley from 10am to 4pm on Tuesday and Wednesday.
A panto singing and play making session is being held by Liz Paige on Friday from 10am to 4pm.
- Deepings Youth Centre in Deeping St James is running activities including pool, table tennis, cooking and music, on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, from 6.30pm to 9.30pm. For details call 01778 343097. The cost is 50p per session. For details call Sue Bell on 01778 344896 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bourne Leisure Centre is open throughout the summer and swimming taster sessions are being held from Monday to Friday, 4pm to 6pm, and Saturdays from 8am to 11am. Call 01778 421435.
- Slippers is running activities at Bourne Westfield Primary Academy until September 2, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 6pm. The activities are open to five to 11-year-olds. Call Angela Pinchin on 07549 299077 or e-mail email@example.com. The cost is £22 per day.
- Holiday club Not All Bad meets at Bourne Youth Centre. It includes sports, cooking, crafts, and games. The club will be using pools at Bourne Leisure Centre and Bourne Outdoor Pool. It will be held every weekday until September 4, from 9am to 4pm, for eight to 12 year-olds. Call Liz Nauyokas on 07947 930542.
- Snag golf, the fun form of oversize golf for children run by Bourne Golf Centre is taking place at Bourne Westfield Primary School on Tuesday this week from 10am to 12,30pm and from 1pm to 3.30pm.
Sessions cost £3.50 per session. Call 01778 395992 to book or register online at www.bournegolfcentre.com
- Bourne Children’s Centre in Queen’s Road is running activities for children up to the age of eight throughout the summer. For a list of activities visit: www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/VenueDetails.
- Bourne Town Harriers Athletics Club is providing coaching sessions on Fridays from 6pm to 7pm for nine to 16 year olds. Call 01778 424529 for dates and details.
- Grimsthorpe Castle is hosting an Animal Safari treasure hunt for children aged between five and 10 each day until September 9, price £2 per child.