Reader Peter Stimson used to be transport manager for Charles Gray & Co, a steel and metal products company which was based in Wharf Road, Stamford.
He sent in these photos of himself standing at the front of a company lorry in 1959 and of the company’s stand at the East of England Show at Burghley House in the late 1950s or early 60s.
The show was held at Burghley before it moved to Peterborough – first to Eastfield Road and then to what came to be known as the showground at Alwalton.
Charles Gray & Co was taken over in the 1980s by the McArthur Group, a much bigger and still running Bristol-based ironmongery business with a branch at Essendine.
Mr Stimson, 79, from St John’s Close, Baston, worked for Grays for about 20 years until his retirement.