Can you solve the kitchen utensil mystery?

Do you know what this kitchen utensil is for?
Do you know what this kitchen utensil is for?
Share this article
Have your say

A couple have turned to Mercury readers for help to solve a mystery which has gone unanswered for more than 10 years.

Irene and David Scott, of Barrowden, have consulted experts all over the country to try to discover what a utensil they found in their kitchen drawer, should be used for.

Irene said: “We have been trying to work it out for years.

“We don’t know where it came from or what it does.

“It feels like we have been to every cooking shop in Britain and nobody seems to know what it does.”

The utensil is about 10in long and can be squeezed like a pair of tongs.

The circular section of the tongs is about 2in in diameter and has a sharp serrated edge on one side. If you know what this mystery utensil is for send us an email at