Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Cause of fire in South Fen Road, Bourne determined



More news, no ads

LEARN MORE


A fire involving a large quantity of metal was tackled by fire crews.

The blaze took hold at a scrap yard in South Fen Road, Bourne, on Friday last week (June 24).

It involved about 100 tonnes of scrap metal.

Emergency services were called
Emergency services were called

Firefighters used two main jets, a hose and then checked the scene using thermal imaging cameras to make sure there were no ‘hot spots’ that could re-ingnite.

South Fen Road was closed to drivers and people were told to avoid the area.

The cause of the fire has been determined to be ‘spontaneous combustion’.

Large amounts of smoke could be seen
Large amounts of smoke could be seen
The cause has been found to be spontaneous combustion
The cause has been found to be spontaneous combustion

Have you got a story? Email: smeditor@stamfordmercury.co.uk



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More