Pre-school children from Scallywags Day Nursery in Oakham have been temporarily re-located to the town's guide hut following a fire
A nursery's pre-school room suffered extensive damage after a fire broke out in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Firefighters were called to Scallywags Day Nursery in Cold Overton Road, Oakham, at 5.24am when passers by noticed smoke inside the building.
The crew managed to rescue the nursery's pet gecko and stopped the blaze from spreading to the rest of the building.
Most of the nursery was open as usual on Monday but the pre-schoolchildren are currently meeting at the guide hut in Grampian Way until repairs are carried out.
Nursery manager Caroline Garnett-Clarke says they have been inundated with offers of support from the community and hope to be back in the building within a few weeks.
It is thought the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
Photo: Leicestershire Fire and Rescue