Coronavirus: events cancelled and postponed in Stamford, Rutland, Bourne and the Deepings
Following Government advice about keeping a physical distance from other people to reduce the spread of coronavirus, many events have been cancelled or postponed.
Here, we can post any events that are unfortunately unable to go ahead as planned, and any postponement dates.
We can also mention clubs, groups and societies that have suspended their activities.
Groups that have put activities on hold are:
- Stamford Indoor Bowls Club
- Stamford Striders' sessions for juniors and adults (including the beginners' course)
- Ryhall Playgroup
- St George's Church drop-in café, Friday Connect in Stamford - those wishing to stay in touch by phone can call 01780 481800 to provide contact details
Diary date events and activities that have been postponed or cancelled are:
- Stamford Shakespeare Company's 2020 season at Tolethorpe all dates postponed to 2021
- David Starkey's Lord Burghley 500th Anniversary Lecture on Friday March 20 postponed to October 16
- Grand Jumble Sale in Bulwick Village Centre on Saturday, March 21
- NSPCC Table Top Sale at Bourne Corn Exchange on Sunday, March 22
- Easter Prize bingo in Castle Bytham Village Hall on Saturday, March 21
- Stamford Rugby Festival at Hambleton Road on Sunday, March 22
- Stamford Choral Society spring concert on Saturday, March 28
- Thurlby Methodist Church open day on Saturday, March 28
- Oddfellows Afternoon Tea at Waterside Garden Centre, Baston on Wednesday, April 1
- Soup lunches at St Michael’s Church, Langtoft and the Saturday Sale on Saturday, April 4
- Craft Club at Oddfellows Hall, Church Street, Market Deeping on Wednesday, April 8
- Rutland Jigsaw Festival on Saturday, April 11
- Rotary Club of Bourne Run in the Woods at Bourne Woods on April 19 is postponed to September 20
- Rutland to Melton CiCLE Classic on Sunday, April 26
- Surprise Bingo at Oddfellows Hall, Church Street, Market Deeping on Tuesday, April 28
- Langtoft 10k and fun run on Sunday, May 3
- Rutland County Show in Oakham on Sunday, May 31
Have you had to cancel or postpone an event in Stamford, Rutland, Bourne, the Deepings, Oundle or surrounding villages and need to get the message out there? Are you an organisation stopping or reducing services because of coronavirus? Email details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01780 758955.
More by this authorSuzanne Moon