Home   News   Article

Subscribe Now

Bourne firefighters called to Thurlby chimney fire




Firefighters are urging homeowners to ensure their chimneys are swept following an incident last night (Monday, January 25).

Bourne crews were called to High Street, Thurlby, just after 9.30pm following reports of a chimney fire.

Crews used water backpack and hand tools to extinguish the fire, which was caused by a build up of soot.

Fire news. (43751032)
Fire news. (43751032)

A fire service social media post stated: "Ensure you have chimneys with wood burning stoves/open fire swept yearly to prevent a build up of soot."



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More