Thieves stole heating oil from two village homes.
The thefts took place in Main Street, Tinwell, in the last seven days.
Police have issued advice to heating oil users after a rise in the number of thefts in recent weeks.
They have asked people to:
- Check the oil level on your tank on a regular basis
- Fit an electronic oil gauge/tank alarm which will alert you if the oil level drops
- Use fencing or shrubs to hide your tank from view
- Consider installing CCTV cameras
- Fit a strong lock to the tank
- If your tank is in an outbuilding keep the building locked
- Install dusk to dawn security lighting
- Turn off switches that control the supply of oil when not in use
- Make a note of the registration number of suspicious vehicles especially tankers or large vehicles close to your property
- Keep an eye on your neighbour’s tank as well