Home   News   Article

Dog dies in Grimsthorpe house blaze




Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

A dog was sadly killed in a fire which accidentally broke out at a home in Grimsthorpe last night.

After a call at 7.49pm, Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue sent appliances from Corby Glen, Bourne, Grantham, Billingborough and Market Deeping to tackle the house blaze on Main Road, Grimsthorpe. The incident was later scaled down to three pumps in attendance.

The fire caused severe damage to one wooden cupboard and floor boards in the living room of the semi-detached house, while there was severe smoke damage to the entire house.

Crews were able to extinguish the fire using two hose reel jets and four breathing apparatus. The cause has been identified as accidental. All persons were safely evacuated, but a dog sadly died in the blaze.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More