Don’t use candles at halloween

Share this article
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS are urging people to forget about ghosts and ghouls this halloween and think about keeping their homes safe from fire.

Market Deeping watch manager Dave Aaron, said many people use tealight candles in pumpkins, or on their own, and without careful use some of his crew have often seen fires starting when they have been left unattended in people’s homes.

He hopes people will be careful and be on their guard. Mr Aaron added: “Always blow candles out if you leave the room as children may try and touch them or pets could knock them over too.

“Instead of candles, why not put a small torch inside a pumpkin instead for the same effect.”