Easton factory operating again after ammonia leak
A food manufacturer has confirmed that they are back in operation after an ammonia leak attended by multiple fire crews.
Overnight on Monday and Tuesday firefighters from Grantham, Market Rasen, Corby Glen, Stamford and Oakham all attended the site of PAS (Grantham) Ltd on Burton Road in Easton.
They used gas tight suits and breathing apparatus to enter the premises, along with on site specialists in order to isolate the ammonia leak.
A spokesperson for the company said: “We can confirm that there was a refrigerator gas leak at PAS (Grantham) Ltd during the evening of Monday, October 5.
“The fire brigade were called to the plant overnight and all plant health and safety procedures were followed. No employees were hurt during the incident and the plant is now operating as normal.”