Report people who misuse bins to South Kesteven District Council

South Kesteven District Council news.
South Kesteven District Council news.
Have your say

A council is calling on people to report others who misuse public litter bins.

Anyone who spots commercial or household waste being dumped in public bins is urged to report it to South Kesteven District Council.

The call for help follows several problems with businesses and residents leaving bins full, overflowing or with little room for passers by and visitors who need to use them.

SKDC’s portfolio holder for healthy environment, councillor John Smith, said: “It’s vital that public bins are not filled with private waste.

“Our waste and recycling teams are doubling litter bin collections in some locations to keep up with the amount of litter most residents and visitors responsibly deposit.

“However their efforts are thwarted if businesses and individuals don’t dispose of their waste responsibly. We need people to help us be that extra pair of eyes and ears and report anyone seen filling bins with household or business waste.”

Offenders can be reported by calling SKDC on 01476 406080 or e-mailing

Excess household waste can be taken to recycle centres in Bourne or Grantham. Residents can also contact the council to collect bulky items for a £10 fee.