Home   News   Article

Fire destroys garage and van at Stamford home




Damage caused by a fire in Arran Road, Stamford. EMN-151222-090816001
Damage caused by a fire in Arran Road, Stamford. EMN-151222-090816001

A fire has destroyed a garage and its contents at a home in Arran Road, Stamford.

Three fire crews attended the blaze which broke out at around 7.30pm last night (Monday, December 21).

Fire in Arran Road, Stamford. Photo: Robert Ward EMN-151222-091944001
Fire in Arran Road, Stamford. Photo: Robert Ward EMN-151222-091944001

The fire completely destroyed the garage, a van parked inside and the rest of its contents.

Crews used four sets of breathing apparatus, a jet and two hose reels to extinguish the fire. The road was cordoned off while it was being deal with.

It is believed the fire broke out in a tumble dryer. Nobody was injured in the blaze.

Fire in Arran Road, Stamford. Photo: Robert Ward EMN-151222-091933001
Fire in Arran Road, Stamford. Photo: Robert Ward EMN-151222-091933001


COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More