Fire in kitchen at Jim’s Yard restaurant in Stamford

Share this article
Have your say

A FIRE broke out in the kitchen of a restaurant in Stamford this afternoon (Thursday).

Two fire engines were called to the blaze at Jim’s Yard restaurant in Ironmonger Street at 4.50pm and found a kitchen cooking pot “well alight”.

Firefighters believe the fire started due to the pot being inadvertently left on on a kitchen hob.

Firefighters left the scene at 5.15pm.

No-one is believed to have been injured.

The restaurant will open tonight as normal.