Home   News   Article

Fire Service’s warning after chimney fire at Lincolnshire home


By Advertiser Reporter


Fire
Fire

Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue has provided safety advice to the public after attending a chimney fire in Dunston, near Metheringham, yesterday evening (Sunday).

Fire fighters were called to the scene in Lincoln Road, Dunston, at 5.55pm on Sunday October 23.

The fire was out on arrival, but damage had been caused to debris inside the chimney. The fire crew removed the debris.

As cold winter nights draw in and people try to warm up their homes, Lincolnshire Fire & Rescue has warned that chimney fires can be very dangerous and can spread quickly through one’s house and even into neighbouring properties.

Chimney fire safety advice - which focuses primarily on having your chimney swept regularly - can be found here.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More