Home   News   Article

Firefighters tackle house fire in Uppingham




Fire and rescue news.
Fire and rescue news.

Firefighters tackled a house fire in Uppingham during the early hours of this morning (Sunday, July 24).

Crews from Oakham, Corby and Billesdon were called to the bedroom blaze at a terraced property in Hornbeam Lane.

Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service was alerted to the fire just after 11.30pm yesterday.

Firefighters tackled the blaze using one hose reel, one covering jet and two breathing apparatus. A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear the smoke.

The ambulance service attended to one casualty suffering from shock. Their condition wasn’t known at the time of going to press.

A Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said the cause of the fire was accidental. The blaze destroyed a bed, with extensive smoke damage to the bedroom and the rear of the property.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More