Home   News   Article

Free central heating for homes in Lincolnshire

Lincolnshire County Council offices in Lincoln. Photo: Rob Foulkes EMN-150915-141818001
Lincolnshire County Council offices in Lincoln. Photo: Rob Foulkes EMN-150915-141818001

A new scheme in Lincolnshire is giving eligible tenants and home-owners the opportunity to have a central heating system installed for free if their property has never had it fitted.

Anyone living with expensive and inefficient heating methods like solid fuel open fires or portable room heaters, could have a new heating system installed, if they meet the eligibility criteria.

Cllr Patricia Bradwell, Executive Councillor for adult care and health at the county council, said:

“A successful funding bid to the Department of Energy and Climate Change for £570,000 has given councils in Lincolnshire a pot of funding to use to install new central heating systems, connected to mains gas wherever possible. Poor heating in homes can cause a range of health problems, as well as making people more vulnerable to fuel poverty.”

Government funding is available to install central heating where none exists, if you own your own home or rent from a private landlord, (and have the owner’s permission to do the work) and you receive certain income related benefits. Funding is for a limited time and subject to availability, entitlement checks and a technical home survey. You must get at least one of a range of qualifying benefits (such as state Pension Credit and Child Tax Credit (where your income is £16,010 or less))

To find out if you could be eligible please contact the Lincolnshire Home Independence Agency on 01522 516300 or email info@lincshia.org to make an application.


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More