Open gardens in Rutland, Stamford, Bourne and the Deepings areas during spring and summer 2021
For those keen to get out and about as the lockdown lifts, open gardens could provide a socially distanced change of scene in the fresh air.
A number of properties in Lincolnshire will be swinging open the garden gate this spring and summer, including:
- Easton Walled Gardens, open April 2 from 11am to 4pm, £7.95 for adults, £3.75 for children.
- Burghley House Private South Gardens designed by Capability Brown, open April 10 and 11 from 11am to 3.30pm, admission £5 for adults and £3 for children.
- Milton Hall, near Peterborough, which features 20 acres olaid out by Humphry Repton in 1791 including a lake, historic orangery and enclosed walled Italian and kitchen gardens. Adults £7, children free. Open May 8 from 10.30am to 5.30pm with cream teas available.
- Several gardens in Barrowden are open on June 12 and 13 from noon until 5pm. Teas on the village green or visit the pub. £5 for adults, children free with proceeds to St Peter’s Church, Barrowden.
- Home Farm off Little Casterton Road, Ryhall, June 20 from 10am to 5pm, admission £5 for adults and children free. Home-made teas available.
- Mill House, Stamford Road, Market Deeping is available for mid-week visits by arrangement. Adults £7.50, children free. Email email@example.com for details and bookings.
- Willow Croft, Wilsthorpe has a garden packed with colour that can be visited by arrangement. Call 01778 560746 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Plant Lover’s Garden, Morton by arrangement with admission £3.50 and children free. Call 07850 239393 or email email@example.com for details and bookings.
Visits to the following gardens should be pre-booked online at www.ngs.org.uk:
- The Old Hall, Market Overton, April 25
- The Old Vicarage, Burley, May 16
- The Old Vicarage, Whissendine, May 30
- Three gardens in Uppingham, June 6
- Three gardens in Manton, June 13
- Chapel End, Barrow, June 13
- Castor House, Castor, June 27
- Exton Hall,Exton, July 4
- 59 Thistleton Road, Oakham, July 18
- Blatherwycke Estate, July 25
- The Old Vicarage, Harringworth, August 8.
If you are organising a community event, email details to firstname.lastname@example.org