Home   News   Article

House fire in Stamford was started by ‘carelessly discarded smoking materials’




Fire & Rescue News.
Fire & Rescue News.

Smokers are being warned to be careful when disposing of cigarettes following a fire in Stamford.

Fire crews from Stamford and Grantham were called to St George’s Avenue, Stamford, at about 1.30am this morning (Monday).

On arrival they found a bin, laundry area and small area of roof space were on fire.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used hoses to extinguish the blaze.

The cause of the fire was given as ‘carelessly discarded smoking materials’.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More