Home   News   Article

House fires in Holbeach and Langtoft due to cooking left alone




Kitchen fires in Holbeach and Langtoft on Wednesday were both caused by cooking left unattended.
Kitchen fires in Holbeach and Langtoft on Wednesday were both caused by cooking left unattended.

Two separate fires at homes in Holbeach and Langtoft were both caused by cooking left unwatched, according to Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Fire crews from Holbeach, Spalding and Boston were called to a flat in West End, Holbeach, where an oven was on fire shortly before 9.40pm on Wednesday.

A man inside the flat was treated for breathing in smoke, whilst there was fire damage to an oven hob and saucepan.

Earlier on Wednesday, firefighters from Market Deeping were called to a house in Scotts Close, Langtoft, where a chip pan left unattended on a hob caught fire just after 6.30pm.

One person was treated for burns to their hands and the fire also damaged a cooker and chip pan, while there was smoke damage to the rest of the house.

Meanwhile, fire crews from Holbeach and Spalding dealt with a caravan fire in Fleet Street, Holbeach, on Wednesday morning just after 5am.

Two water jets were used in putting out the blaze by firefighters wearing breathing apparatus.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More