Home   News   Article

Kitchen fire breaks out at No 3 The Yard in Stamford




No 3 The Yard, Stamford. Photo: Brad Barnes. EMN-150403-094746001
No 3 The Yard, Stamford. Photo: Brad Barnes. EMN-150403-094746001

A restaurant owner says he is lucky still to have a business after an early morning fire.

Two crews from Stamford were called to No 3 The Yard in Ironmonger Street, Stamford, after a stock pot caught fire at about 3.30am today (Wednesday).

Thankfully the firefighters were able to put the flames out before any serious damage was caused.

Owner Simon McEnery praised the fire crews for their quick response, which meant the flames did not get past the stock pot. He said: “It could have been a lot worse. I’m grateful that there were no casualties, and grateful that I still have a restaurant.

“If it had spread it would have been a tinder box.”

Staff are busy cleaning the soot from the kitchen, and as a result the restaurant will be closed for lunch.

Mr McEnery said he expected to open again this evening.

A spokesman for Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said the fire started in a stock pot and was caused by the hob being left on.



COMMENTS
()


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.

 

Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More