Home   News   Article

Leicestershire’s Police and Crime Commissioner to appoint a deputy

Lord Willy Bach EMN-160513-151123001
Lord Willy Bach EMN-160513-151123001

Lord Willy Bach, Leicestershire’s Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), has announced his intention to appoint Kirk Master as his deputy.

The commissioner’s decision will now be presented to a confirmation hearing of the Leicestershire Police and Crime Panel, which will meet on Friday.

Lord Bach previously stated that he intended to appoint a deputy once he had settled into the role himself and therefore been able to identify the type of skills and experience he was seeking in his deputy.

Kirk Master is a Leicester City Councillor who has been an assistant city mayor since 2015, a post he will continue to hold.

However, he will resign from the Police and Crime Panel and step down from his position as chair of the Leicester City Community Safety Partnership upon his appointment. He is an advisory board member for ‘Kick it Out’, football’s equality and inclusion organisation.

“I’m very pleased that Kirk has agreed to come on board,” Willy Bach said.

“He brings a wealth of varied and relevant experience to the table which I think will prove invaluable as we work together to deliver the objectives in my police and crime plan.

“He has a unique understanding of policing requirements and in his former role at the Home Office he was the national lead for juveniles.

“In addition, he has worked across various sectors so he truly understands the importance of joined up working with partners and he has a reputation for delivering change in challenging environments.”

As deputy PCC, Mr Master will work 20 hours per week on a salary of £30,405 per annum.


Iliffe Media does not moderate comments. Please click here for our house rules.

People who post abusive comments about other users or those featured in articles will be banned.

Thank you. Your comment has been received and will appear on the site shortly.


Terms of Comments

We do not actively moderate, monitor or edit contributions to the reader comments but we may intervene and take such action as we think necessary, please click here for our house rules.

If you have any concerns over the contents on our site, please either register those concerns using the report abuse button, contact us here.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More