80 tonnes of metal recycling waste go up in flames in South Fen Road, Bourne
Fire crews were calledto a large fire in Bourne tonight (Wednesday, February 12).
Crews from Bourne, Market Deeping, and Spalding were called at about 8.40pm to a large fire involving metal recycling waste in South Fen Road, Bourne.
They left the scene at about 11pm.
Fire damage was caused to 80 tonnes of mixed metal recycling waste.
The blaze was extinguished using on site machinery to break up the pile and crews using hose reels.
It was caused by spontaneous combustion.
More by this authorKerry Coupe